Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Furlough day........ what a blessing :)

I have to be honest, after hearing that today was a furlough day, I was a bit disappointed... BUT how nice it has been to spend the day with my children. I dreaded the thought of last week coming to an end but here I am at home with them again. I was able to get them to pick up their rooms so we could go to the park. It was so nice, not to hot, a good breeze and the big plus, it was just us!!! As I stood there pushing Becky in the swing, with Gabriel swinging beside her, I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am. I wish I could have just froze that moment, especially when shortly after Becky tried to swing without holding on like Gabriel and fell out of the swing, but that's another story! Yeah she cried a little but my tough cookie didn't take long and she was going again. I can't believe Gabriel will start k5 this year..... he's growing up to fast. He is such a little man, and is so inquisitive. I wonder where some of the questions he asks come from :) Anyway, after a while they started getting hungry. I asked Gabriel what he wanted and he said "Mr. Ricky's Pizza" aka Pizza Place. They love going to see Mr. Ricky and eating pizza........... Becky was ok with this and put in her order. After lunch, Becky took a nap, which she is still doing and Gabriel and I are sitting here talking and watching cartoons. He's not ready to go back to school, he's having to much fun staying with Papa. Yesterday they went to Ft. Stewart to the Putt Putt and Tree House. After that they went to PCA for the reading program. Last Friday he took them to the water park while I worked. So who would really want to go back to school when you can stay with Papa and have so much fun!! Well as soon as Becky wakes up, we'll see if we can find some more fun to get into!

Well my first week at RES has been smooth so far. I told Gene if the staff there didn't know I was working at RES after Monday, they should. I heard my name over the intercom at least 5 times for phone calls. I guess parents are eager to get their children back to school. I don't know if it's because I'm used to getting up when I want but the past few mornings have come so early and I'm dead tired at night. The bad part of that is there are no kids yet........ can you imagine what I'll feel like next week. Hope all my fellow Tattnall Countians have enjoyed their day as much as I have!!!

1 comment: