Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wedding Day shopping

As you know, and if you don't, Jena is getting married September 12. I'm still trying to wrap my mine around the fact and yesterday really made it sink in. She and I are closer in age than Sandi and I. Since she was born, she has been more like a little sister to me. And believe me there were moments when we've fought and argued just like it! But those times were few and far between. I am so proud of the person she has and is becoming. I teared up several times helping her into her gowns on Saturday......... she looked so beautiful. Needless to say, she found the one......... it just happened to be the one we both said that we didn't like on the hanger. Becky of course got really excited when she tried on some flower girl dresses. My heart melted during that moment also. After dress shopping it was off for some lunch at the Macaroni Grill. Becky really enjoyed drawing on the table and her cheese pizza. Then it was off to find wedding bands, which she did, a two hour trip in Michael's for window decorations. And at 10:00 we were pulling into Mendes! What a long but excited day. She got so much done! I am so happy for her and Shane! I'll post a slide from shutterfly with the engagment pictures I took as well as the ones of Becky in her dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment