Tuesday, December 27, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things…

Christmas has to be one of my favorite times of the year.  It’s a time where we celebrate the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I have to say it just melts my heart to hear Gabriel and Becky share the story of His birth and why we celebrate Christmas.  It’s also that time of year where we visit with family that we don’t get to see very often and everyone gets creative in the kitchen.

Here are a few of my favorites from this season

Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip

1 lb grated cheddar cheese
2 bundles chopped green onions
1 cup chopped pecans
4 Tablespoons mayo
Pepper Jelly
Mix first four ingredients (cheese, onions, pecans and mayo) together thoroughly. Spread mixture into a shallow dish. Spread pepper jelly over mixture.; May be chilled. Serve with Ritz crackers or Wheat Thins.

(Thanks Madison!)  And by the way, I don’t like half of the ingredients in this dish BUT they are OH SO GOOD together!

Salsa Roll Ups

8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese

TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
1/2 cupKRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1/4 tsp.chili powder
Mix cream cheese and salsa; spread onto tortillas.
Roll up tortillas tightly. Cut each crosswise into 5 slices.
Salsa-Roll-Ups-54048B

I look forward every year to the creative things the kids make a school.  I decided to put some of their ornaments on a tree in the kitchen this year instead of our big tree.  Love this angel on top of the tree! 

IMG_9690

This little snowman is just too cute as well!

IMG_9691

This gift is one of my all time favorites~ Gabriel made me open it the day he brought it home so he could display it throughout the Holiday season

IMG_9700

I also love the fact they everyone cooperates with pictures this time of the year as well!

IMG_9525_edited-1

IMG_9522_edited-1

IMG_9544

LOVE THIS! A gift from Jena and Shane~ blanket with one of the pictures from Amelia Island this summer.

IMG_9698

Gene has a gift at gift buying for me!  Just when I think he can’t out do what he did the year before……… he does!

This year he surprised me with a Pandora bracelet~ to make it even more special, Gabriel picked out the charms!

IMG_9696

Later Christmas afternoon, we went to mama and daddy’s.  Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite people!

IMG_9665

IMG_9671

IMG_9680

IMG_9678

IMG_9672

Gene wasn’t feeling up to pictures at this time (he was a little under the weather) so here are my favorite little people!

IMG_9644_edited-1

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed time with your family!

We are off to Gatlinburg for some quality Crosby~Edwards~Waters time!

No comments:

Post a Comment