Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Time

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter.  Wow!  What an exciting and fun filled past few days!  Sorry this post is so long, but I’m trying to get 3 days in one.  It all started Thursday afternoon as the kids hunted eggs with some great friends!  The kids had a blast and enjoyed spending time with Parker, Cooper, Abbie and Rich.  Of course Gene and I enjoyed ourselves as well!

IMG_3735  IMG_3740 IMG_3736

I thought this was one of the cutest pictures of the afternoon.

IMG_3747 

IMG_3750

Thanks Ms. Debbie, Mr.. Charles, Heidi and Neil for a great evening and egg hunt!

IMG_3754

Saturday, Gene woke up with the idea of planting a garden.  Now mind you I grew up on concrete, and have NO clue about growing anything!  Anything green under my care NEVER makes it.  We headed to Vidalia to pick up seeds and plants.  I picked out some flowers to go in our planters and hope that Gene or mama will get me started.  Yes, I know it’s horrible but it’s just something I’ve never been interested in.

IMG_3787

After we made it home, it was time to dye eggs.  The kids LoVe doing this, I think it was the highlight of their day.  Notice the whisk, the eggs fit perfectly and the kids can just dunk them into the dye (gotta love Family Fun magazine) and lift them out, check on the color, then you just slide them out.

IMG_3794   IMG_3801

IMG_3803

IMG_3837

Easter Morning the kids woke up to see what surprises awaited them.  Gabriel informed Gene Wednesday that there was no Easter bunny.  When Gene asked why he thought that, he explained that there was no way a little bunny could carry all that stuff that gets put in the baskets. 

IMG_3840

IMG_3838-1

Then it was time to get ready for Church~  I tried to snap a few pictures before we left  but didn’t have much luck.  We got plenty at meme and papa’s.

IMG_3844 IMG_3845-1

 

Becky 1  IMG_3869 copy  IMG_3860  IMG_3859  IMG_3872  IMG_3876

Of course, there were more goodies from meme, papa, Sandi, Jena and Shane.

IMG_3886 IMG_3901 IMG_3879

IMG_3929 IMG_3912

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great Easter! I absolutely LOVE LOVE the family pic. Couldn't have been better of all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete