Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day of School

This morning it was to get up and try to get him to eat breakfast. He's like his mama in that he must have his feet on the floor for at least 3 hours before he's hungry if he eats at all. I did manage to get some chocolate milk and the cheese off the top of the grits in him. He was eager to get dressed this morning but we'll see how eager he really is come Monday. He was very cooperative this morning taking pictures as well. Don't I wish every picture moment was this easy. He decided to ride up front with Gene while Becky and I followed them to the day care. He must be really special because I had to ride in the back on the way to PCA. Once we got out of Gville, he became really quiet and lost in thought. HE told Gene he was a little nervous. We told him it would be Ok! Little did he know that my stomach was in knots. I don't know what was wrong with me this morning. Of course it could be that last night Gene told me "only 10 more years and he'll be dating" Uh, no!!!! I don't think so....... sorry girls :) We've already had the talk that I will be picking out his girl friends......... which of course right now is cool for him. I just really love to hear him say that I'm his girlfriend :) Ok, back to the subject at hand. We pulled up, 2 miles from the school (Ok, not really but it was way back)and the Strickland's were getting out at the same time. Good for us because Gabriel had someone to distract him from what he was really headed for! Jack was telling us all about his and Clint's tags on their bookbags. We made it to Mrs. Sheffield's room, he went to find where his bookbag went and then straight to his seat. I of course wanted to hang around, take more pics but Gene said let's go, I looked at Heidi and tears started! I had to leave......... of course he could have cared less! Anyway, it was a quiet ride back to Gville and I was buring the road up to get back to PCA this afternoon. When he got in the car, I asked how his day was....his response word for word was: "It was good, REALLY good", and boy did that make my heart smile!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!! We hope you had a great first day on your BIRTHDAY!!!





1 comment:

  1. I don't know if first days will ever get easier. I have posted all 4 of Ashton's first days. Just seems like it has happened so fast...time be still.

    ReplyDelete